Friday, December 3, 2010

Absurdity

So it's been a while since I made a post on here. In fact, it's been a while since I did much of anything other than work. If it weren't for the fact that I just plain avoid sleeping I would go even more crazy than I already am.

I'm nowhere close to bonus and I don't even know why I bother working as hard as I do other than the threat of losing my job. Truth be told, I don't think I would even mind if they fired me. The way that they do it at my firm is that you're informed that you're being let go and then, unless you've really burned bridges, you get 2 to 3 months to find something else. During that time you're getting paid and generally don't have to do anything. Not a bad thing, especially when you definitively hate what you do.

Sadly this is not uncommon among lawyers. We're a pitiful group of professionals, universally bitter and full of self-loathing.

Oh well, time to got sleep for another day of fun and intellectual stimulation...

No comments:

Post a Comment